Saturday, October 11, 2008

Local area blogs

I would like to be able to link to other area blogs here - last weekend I did a big search and found a few not too far away, but most aren't being kept up to date. There were 2 in Mt Druitt, 1 in Glenmore Park and a few others but the Mt Druitt ones haven't been written in since 2007 and the Glenmore Park one only had test messages on them. People get discouraged if they don't see evidence of people reading their blogs, but I think it doesn't really matter, I know a half dozen people drop by occasionally and I get a comment or email a couple of times a year. I figure the ones who do the poll or write comments are the tip of my iceburg and I actually have a huge readership!!! Well..... anyway, if any of my half dozen know of any other local blogs I'd be happy to link to them, thereby helping each other out a bit. My reasons for keeping this going is simply I like to blog and I don't really have delusions of grandeur - I don't need to be the most popular anywhere, and sometimes this space is the only place you'll see stuff about this suburb. Even the local papers don't cover everything.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whats your opinion on the new Ropes Crossing? Do you think it will make the area better? I wish they would make it affordable! I think the parking area is strange, at the Coels there, the entrance should be at the back of the car park.

julanna said...

The car park at the back of Coles was very weird the first time I saw it, but I've recently realised that when we first, here in Australia, started making these massive car parks in front of the shopping centres I hated it. It's a very American model that I got use to over the years. Now I think putting the car park out the back is probably a good thing. Car parks are ugly, and while Coles itself isn't much better I think putting the ugly stuff out the back is better. Access to Coles is still easy enough so I think it's ok now.