Friday, February 8, 2008

Cool summerand dual names

It was 16 dec C on my front porch this morning. What a strange year. Even though there's been heaps more rain the creeks haven't come up any further. South Creek drained and then came up a bit more, but not to the same extent. BTW, I discovered while I was looking in the latest street directory that South Creek now has a dual name. It's South / Wianamatta Creek. Mind you, when I look up the Geographic Names Board entry I find out it was dual named in 2003. Went right over my head! http://www.gnb.nsw.gov.au/name_search/extract?id=TRIOjzsyKW . Ropes Creek has stayed at around the same level for days, up but not really close to the bridge. The dams are up to 64%! i wonder when the last time was they got that high! I'm told it didn't rain during the day today but it's just started again.

No comments: