Wednesday, January 2, 2008

The day after New Year

20 deg C out there this morning.

Missed a day again! Could be something to do with being tired after NYE noise. But it was NYE so it was to be expected. It is amazing though how many people can get hold of fireworks when they're not supposed to be available and even if you do manage to get them from somewhere else you aren't suppose to be able to get a licence to let them off. Oh well, I like fireworks and I didn't here any sirens so I suppose no one burnt down their house.

There was loud partying up the back, but not loud enough to keep me awake. I don't know how their more immediate neighbors felt about it. I actually went to sleep before midnight, woke again just before midnight and put the tele on to watch the fireworks. Pretty! And even the television coverage was ok. I think they're getting better at it. The coverage from above was too distant so maybe they need better cameras if they can't get in closer.

Understandably I didn't do much yesterday. I was sleepy. Went around to my daughters place to let her dogs out. We always keep our dogs in for NYE so they don't panic and Fiona was spending NYE with a friend up the coast. Went for a little drive. Came back and watched movies and read books. Did a miniscule amount of domestic activity. Went back to watching movies and reading books.

It certainly got hot enough yesterday. Didn't look at the thermometer at the days hottest and it looks like today is going to be the same. Summer found us! Thank goodness we're still having cool nights.

No comments: