Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Public Transport

Did you know they are thinking of changing the bus routes all through the western suburbs? If you ever catch a bus you should check it out and see how the proposed changes will affect your ability to get around. I don't know if it's going to work or not. I know there's going to be less buses past my place. Go here: http://www.nswbusnetwork.com.au/ to check it out if you haven't got your hands on a leaflet and they have a survey you can do so you can give your opinions. I'm totally cynical, I don't expect improvements, I expect more difficulties getting around. I don't drive so I'm stuck with public transport and I am totally sick of the whole system, public, private, trains, buses, how late and unreliable they all run, how expensive it all is, how the trains are far too crowded.

If I could get a job close enough to home so that I didn't need buses or trains (and would still give me a liveable wage) I'd go for it. I could ride my bike to St Marys, and with a bit of practice I could get to Mt Druitt and back each day. Of course I'd end up incredibly fit as well.... but I would be such a write off for a few weeks until I got use to it!

More pics soon.

No comments: