Friday, March 6, 2009

IWD Day Tregear Community Hall

I only found out about this event because I drove past the school. It looks like the WASH house and Blacktown Womens and Girls Health Centre funded it. There were singers, which i missed, speakers I also missed them and drummers got to see them. they're very good the drummers I've seen them at other events locally. They got some members of the audience up and dancing on stage and some others to help with drumming.

Not sure what the speeches were about wither as i only caught the last 30 mins of this event.

But it's good that the hall/centre is being used. I got a couple of bags, some stickers and badges all saying Feminism is not an F word.

Maybe I'll find some info in the local paper about what else happened at the IWD day if so I'll post it here.

so happy International Womens Day.

No comments: